Musson Patout Collision Center strives to provide you “Family value” treating you like family before and after the repair process. Below is a checklist detailing how you can help shorten your time without your vehicle and what to expect throughout your repair process. Musson Patout Collision Center works with all insurance companies to help you get maximum coverage for your repairs.
The Musson Patout Collision Center REPAIR PROCESS INCLUDES:
1. Scheduling a 15-minute Damage Review appointment to inspect the damage and review or provide estimate(s). You will not leave your vehicle with us at this point but we will start making your rental car reservations.
2. Collecting a deposit for parts and ordering parts, which can be paid for with a personal check, credit card, cash, or insurance check. Insurance checks need to be properly endorsed by all parties with liens.
3. Scheduling your 30-minute vehicle drop-off appointment that coincides with parts arrival.
4. Confirming parts arrival is on schedule with suppliers several days before drop-off date.
5. Giving you a reminder call the day before your drop-off date.
6. Taking photos to document vehicle’s condition at drop-off and recording vehicle’s mileage on your drop-off date. You have the option to waive the old damage walk-around.
7. Managing any insurance company issues if there are repairs needed that their estimators could not have foreseen without disassembling your vehicle.
8. Calling you regularly to let you know what your vehicle’s status is in the repair process. We will let you know of any delays that may arise and what we are doing to alleviate those delays.
9. Returning your vehicle to you vacuumed, washed and ready to roll!
BEFORE LEAVING YOUR CAR FOR REPAIR, REMEMBER TO:
1. Please remove all items and debris; especially in your trunk area to eliminate time spent cleaning or moving and storing your items in order to gain access to your vehicle’s paint codes.
2. Avoid using Armor All type products, which slows down our painting preparation.
3. Please fill your fuel tank, which is necessary for proper realignment to be done.
4. Please disable all automotive and audio alarm systems or provide us with the appropriate codes to bypass them during your repair process. You may wish to write down your radio station settings as they may be erased if the battery is disconnected during repairs.
5. Please bring all keys with you for locked items such as trunks, wheel locks, spare tire locks, roof rack locks, etc. We will probably need more than a valet key to complete most repairs.
6. Please bring your estimate information, which should include the name of insurance carrier responsible, your policy number, claim rep’s name and phone number and your claim number.